Tuesday, September 28, 2010



I created these two "Teacher Collages" as gifts for teachers who were retiring from Mountain View Elementary School where I taught art for 10 years. For many years, I facilitated a group of teachers who volunteered to create collages as a gift for each teacher who was retiring from Mtn. View. The focal point of each collage was a wonderful poem commemorating teachers. I printed the poem on transparent vellum. Each teacher artist either cut or tore out the poem. The background was scrapbook paper with a variety of torn papers, magazine and clip art images, embellished with ribbon, beads, buttons, etc. I developed the "Teacher Collages" through the inspiration of a colleague who wanted to recognize retiring teachers in a more memorable way than buying a gift.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Followers