Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Archetype Collages


On the Women's Gathering that I wrote about in the previous post, I created 3 collages based on Archetypal Companions that spoke to me during our growth work sessions Friday night and Saturday morning. Collage #1 represents the Warrior Companion Archetype. The definition of an Archetype (from Wikipedia) is a model of a person, personality, or behavior. The use of archetypes to illuminate personality and literature was advanced by Carl Jung early in the 20th century.

Friday night we all received an archetype companion card. Mine was the Warrior. Each archetype has a positive & negative side. You can find many enlightenments about yourself in both sides. Part of this session was to brainstorm & write down what popped into our minds about our archetype card. I wrote that my card was right on target because I am a fighter. I clench my teeth. I grab hold & never let go. Everything is all or nothing. I want to win or be right. (I have mellowed out a lot on this one) I warrior to teach my students. I feel that we are in a constant state of battle & much of the time I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall. Warriors are usually very loyal which I am. I associate warriors with the color red-blood & tears.

In the background of my warrior collage is an atomic bomb and bombed ships in Pearl Harbour. The falcon represents strength, power, & agility. The images of a female tribal warrior, Queen Elizabeth and an Amazon warrior represent me.

My 2nd collage represents the Crone companion archetype. Most people think of a crone as a wrinkled, incapacitated old lady or a witch. In archetypes the crone is the stage of womanhood which is honored & revered as a role model, a mentor and a having great wisdom. My collage has images of women from all walks of life, involved in different activities that are important, entergetic and vital. The colors also reflect life and energy.

My 3rd collage honors the crone again but specifically Georgia O'Keeffe, my favorite artist and woman in history.


1 comment :

  1. These are lovely and soul-searching. I can identify with much of what you write and I too love Georgia O'Keefe. What a wondeful time you must have had my dear little Warrior friend ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers